SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_255681935

Huntington House insists this is normal after 4 months. Your thoughts?

Aaron Glass
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

These cores are 4 months old. I have mostly sat in the middle (left pic) for 4 months and rarely on the one in the right pic. I have flipped it back and forth - and fluffed it - and even sat with the zipper outward - but I can't rotate because I have T cushions. They "cannot see an issue" from this photo comparison, per my correspondence with them. First, they said "it's normal for down." When I informed them they were "High Resiliency" foam cushions - not down - then they took another week and came back to say it's normal for those cushions too (after 4 months of use).

I have a Huntington House sofa from 2006 (pictured below) with foam/dacron cushions that never had a single issue in 13 years. My other sofa is $1200 from Jordan's in Boston from 2009 and also never did anything like this. The Huntington House sofa feels like I am sitting on a towel over the frame. I weigh 180 lbs, so I don't think it's me.

Also, is spring-down going to be any better from them or should I just hire a local upholsterer to get new cores made? I already contacted one and he said these are poor quality and will make new ones but it is fairly expensive. Has anyone had luck ordering from online foam sellers?

Comments (16)