SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freemaca

feedback: thoughts on leaving cat for one month w/ daily care

freemaca
15 years ago

We have a three-year old cat that cannot handle boarding. She's so scared that the staff at the all-cat boarding have offered to look after her at our apartment. She's use to us going away for 3 days or so (leave Friday, return Sunday sort of trip). We've left her for a week a couple of times with a daily check in. We're now thinking of leaving for a month to travel in Central America. The wonderful woman at the vet who was the one who offered to look after our kitty at home doesn't think it would be good to take her on a plane so my Mom could look after her. She's never been on a plane, and I know she'll be freaked in a new environment. We've moved a couple of times, and it takes 7-10 days for her to adjust and that's when we're there obviously.

The woman who looks after her has offered to come over during the month, almost every day, to do all that one would do. This is a very difficult decision, and I'd really appreciate any feedback people might have. Would you leave your kitty for a month at home with a trusted, sweet person looking in on him/her almost daily or would you take her on a plane, leave her with a family member? Not taking the trip isn't an option. Thanks for the feedback!!

Comments (27)