SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Broken? rib (must have 15 characters to post? dumb)

sleeperblues
5 years ago

On February 9th, we went to Kona Hawaii for a 2 week vacation. In the parking lot, I tripped on one of those little reflector lights in the road and went down hard on my left side. I knew immediately something was seriously wrong and thought I broke a rib. I was in so much pain. Initially I didn't want to go to the hospital, but when I tried to lay down I couldn't from the pain. So at midnight, after a 10 hour flight and 5 hour layover, off to the ER we went where they xrayed me and couldn't tell if it was broken. But they gave me some narcotics and a prescription for 25 more. My first week was a blur, taking the narcs and ibuprofen and hurting no matter what I did. Second week was better, and I just took ibuprofen. It still hurts now, but is completely bearable, except shoveling snow really hurts. Mainly the lifting and tossing of snow. Anyone else have a broken rib, and how long did it take to completely heal. I was told 6 weeks, but at a little less than 3 weeks I'm feeling pretty good. Still can't sleep on that side, though.

Comments (22)