SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

DD’s first pumpkin pie!

colleenoz
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Although I tried to teach DD to bake when she was younger, she was never really interested in it. She is a competent cook, and getting keener and more adventurous as she gets older (and her DH is a very adventurous and keen cook, so that helps), but generally she only bakes if she has to, like having to bring a dessert to a gathering or similar. It must also be said she’s not a big dessert eater. I could never cajole her into eating dinner with the promise of dessert, because she didn’t really care if she had dessert or not.

So imagine my surprise when she texted me to ask for my pumpkin pie recipe! Pumpkin pie was always one of her favourites and she usually asks for it when she visits. No one here eats pumpkin pie so you can’t buy one. Apparently DD had been watching some TV show where they were eating pumpkin pie and that made her hungry for it. So she decided to make one.

I sent her my recipe for the filling and Islay Corbel’s pastry recipe for the shell. I didn’t really think she’d make the pastry but I told her it’s the best I’ve tried so far. As it turns out she did make the pastry and agrees it’s delicious :-D She sent pictures and it looks pretty good. I’m so pleased she’s extending her baking range :-D

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living