SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_861729749

help me with my dining table!

Allen
5 years ago

We're narrowing down on a dining table for our place. We really like the shape and legs of this Brighton table from Lyndon and are currently considering the design with darker colored legs and a walnut top:

We think this would work best for our space without the need for filling out the floor with a rug:

We have a black built in media cabinet (not in photo) and a walnut veneer coffee table. Our floors are manufactured hardwood (I think they're walnut veneer?), and we want to avoid a monotone wood look.

We don't replace our furniture very often and think of this dining table purchase as a lifelong piece of furniture. With a very limited understanding of design aesthetics and trends, we are concerned that the stark color contrast may be too modern a look that will look dated. Without looking old fashioned, we do want a piece that can feel timeless.

Does this dining table work? Will the black legs and walnut top stand the test of time? Should we go with a different wood finish? Thanks everyone!

Comments (5)