This Year's New Natives
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (474)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Ive been cutting this back for years... a vine? a native hibiscus
Comments (13)Steady on Funnel - I'm not sure our cousins would appreciate that Strine earthiness. If you open up the photo and click the little magnifying glass you will see that either those are lenticels or they are a variety of teeny weeny scale which likes to live in colonies of unparalleled neatness. It's usually best not to be too emphatic on these forums. Lots of posters start off certain of themselves but discover there are more things in heaven and earth ..... bboy and saltcedar both have distinctive voices on these forums and we are used to them. Most often they are right. Sometimes they're wrong and then they acknowledge it. They don't insult the people who taught them something new....See MoreHappy New Year - Any Cooking Resolutions for the New Year?
Comments (2)Thank you Ann. I posted and it did not appear for at least 10 minutes so I posted again. The edit feature did not allow me to delete the double comment. Happy New Year! Teresa...See MoreShare your New Year's Eve Dinner and New Year's Day Meals.......
Comments (32)Angelaid, I love potato pancakes but I would say that is is my favourite version. There is no secret to making these pancakes. I've made them with mashed potatoes that I made specifically for making these pancakes and I've also made extra mashed potatoes for dinner and saved the leftovers for these pancakes. When I make them with the leftover mashed potatoes there is also butter in the mix. This is not a stiff or thick batter. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop up the batter. Mere Blanc's Potato Pancakes From:www.thedailyspud.com with very minor changes. 2 small baking potatoes 1/4 cup milk 1/3 cup All-Purpose flour 2 eggs, separated 1-1/2 tablespoons heavy cream Pinch of salt Pepper Fresh chives (or green onions) Butter for frying Cook potatoes until tender Mash with a little milk. Let potatoes cool before adding the remaining milk, cream, flour, egg yolks, salt, pepper and chives. Beat Egg Whites until stiff. Fold into potato mixture. Do not over mix. This is a light but thick batter. Heat a griddle or skillet. ( I used a rectangle electric frying pan) . Brush with butter. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup drop batter on to griddle. Cook until pancakes are brown and then flip. Serve with sour cream. Here is a link that might be useful: Potato Pancakes...See MoreHappy New Year!!....New Years Resolutions...
Comments (14)Hi all! I'm new to the forums but I have an idea why this one doesn't get much response. It's not listed in any of the categories, it's only listed sort of alphabetically in the s's as The Single Life, it took me several visits to find it and I still have trouble remembering where it is on the list to click so I can lurk! Maybe someone should suggest to Spike? that it be made more visible, I know that there are a lot of singles on the forums. Just thought I'd pop in and say something and maybe someone else has had the same experience. My New Year's Resolution is to be proud of being single and not be so quiet. Happy New Year! Charlotte...See More- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING GUIDES8 Native Shrubs for Year-Round Bird Feeding
It’s not just about berries. These plants provide insects for birds and seasonal interest for gardeners
Full Story
NATIVE PLANTS5 Ways to Keep Your Native Plant Garden Looking Good All Year
It’s all about planning ahead, using sustainable practices and accepting plants as living organisms
Full Story
LIFEReflections From a Year in the Native Garden
A Nebraska gardener contemplates more flowers, more spiders, less work and the magic of slowing down
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESPlant Native Annual Flowers for a Garden Surprise Every Year
These 15 well-adapted native annuals can add spontaneity to gardens around the country
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES15 Native Flowers That Feed Native Bees
These perennials offer superfood to hundreds of bees and are gorgeous in their own right
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLTell Us Your New Year’s Resolutions for Your Home
Share your plans and dreams for your house this year — whether they involve organizing, remodeling or redecorating
Full Story
TRAVEL BY DESIGNThis Year’s Summer Design Events to Know
Get the info on top design happenings, art fairs and museum exhibitions through September 2017
Full Story
LANDSCAPE DESIGNEscape Into This Year’s Most Popular Outdoor Seating Nooks
Picture yourself cozied up on a Stockholm balcony or gathered around a blazing fire in an intimate English garden
Full Story
HOLIDAYSPorch Decorating Ideas From Thanksgiving to New Year’s
Long-lasting wreaths, potted plants and more can cheer up your entryway from fall through winter
Full Story
NEW YEAR'S EVEDIY Silver Stars for a Glittering New Year’s Eve
Here’s a simple and spectacular decoration to delight your guests on winter holidays
Full StorySponsored
More Discussions






























































Skip1909