SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poodleparadise

If I buy this house....

Holly D
5 years ago

Hi everyone! My husband and I are house hunting for our first house and found one that we like although the kitchen leaves me uncertain. We have not bought it yet but thought this might be a good place to get some opinions before taking the next step. You can see in the pictures that the kitchen is fairly small and although the cabinets have been painted on the outside and the countertop replaced, I would still like to make updates to brighten and freshen it all up. The cabinets are very old and the interiors have seen better days so I am considering replacing them all. I don't love the countertop either but maybe if the cabinets were a different color it would be ok. I do not want to replace the floor but I do plan to replace the appliances. The large doors in the kitchen are a pantry.

The kitchen is open on either end to a dining room (chandelier pic) and living room (skylight pic). On the other side of the refrigerator wall is another living room (ceiling fan pic). Our kitchen updating budget depends on what the house would sell for but I would estimate around $15k. I am considering using the skylight room as the main dining area in order to get a larger table in there. We like to host small dinner parties. If we do that, then I would use the ceiling fan room as the main living area with TV. That leaves the chandelier room open for something else.

What would you do to the kitchen given the estimated budget?

Thank you for your ideas!

Comments (25)