SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carla_austin88

Daughter's bedroom redecorate

5 years ago

I have lived in the same house for 15 years now and I've always wanted to have a beautifully decorated and designed home. So I've slowly tackled each room one by one. Recently I've done a lot of research because I've made so many mistakes in the past and I want this next room to turn out beautiful. I am in the midst of redecorating my 8 year old daughter's bedroom. I know the first step is furniture placement before I select a rug curtains or bedspread. Well, I already purchased the duvet which hasn't come in yet. My daughter wants a unicorn theme. Because I want her to grow into her room I don't want to get too crazy with it. I would say my style is on the minimalistic and functional side. We repainted the wall so they are neutral - 2 walls are antique white and the other two are latte. I know a decorating taboo is to not place the rug underneath at least part of the bed but I really hate to have a rug underneath the bed because it's hard to clean and then you're not seeing most of it. Also, I only have one night stand for this bed which is a queen bed. I was wondering if you could give me advice on furniture placement including if there's any hope to have a rug somewhere other than under the bed. Or maybe even an oval shaped rug? Right now the room is pretty much a blank canvas. There is a queen bed, dresser, and one night stand. There's really no other place for the queen bed unless it's on the opposite side which might look weird coming in the room. I was wondering, do you think a corner placement of the bed would work? Also, the dresser is a little small for that wall. Should I get an accent chair for desk maybe along the same wall? Attaching some pictures. Thanks!

Comments (41)