SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_foster2472562

Plain square looking home - wife doesn't agree with my plan to update

Jeff Foster
5 years ago

Hey guys - first post. We live in a really square house - it's 2 stories on stilts, so effectively 3 stories high. It has an open carport under the living space, which we've added garage doors to for security but the sides and back are still open to the yard.

I'm into cars and I have drawings for enclosing the lower section and adding some space front and rear, to create my man cave. The wife WAS on-board but she thinks the new front view of the house will look horrible. I've already had it drawn up, 3d rendered and she still doesn't like it. It changes the front stairs, makes the front porch larger and adds a roof over that larger front porch.

I'd love some opinions on if you think it looks better before or after - also, if there are any suggestions for a different design that might look better and that she might agree with, I'm all ears. We're arguing over it at this point, so it's hard to proceed and I think she'd just let it rot as-is...

The one picture of the actual house is the only thing I can find at the moment - excuse the scribble.

Comments (54)