SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_b77

hardware dilemma, raised panel drawers with too tiny raise!!

Cindy B
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Looking for hardware opinions. Finished installing my new Conestoga Cabinet Doors and moved onto the drawer fronts. They are proving VERY tricky because I made the mistake of ordering them with raised panels. I knew they were close to being too small (6" height) but didn't realize how the tiny raise would affect the install. Planned on 128mm handles on the 42" upper cabinets and lower cabinets and 96mm handles were planned for the drawers. (range from 17" to 24" wide) We messed up a bit on the first one, and will have to order a new one, but I don't think I like the pull on the drawer at all. It's hard to find anything to fit because that center raise is only 3/8"..I also think the pull detracts from the details of the construction so I think a knob is the way to go. The tiny raise is also making the install of the drawer front tricky, but I found a video suggesting double sided sticky tape and putting the screws in the corners. (the photo below is upside down and I can't figure out how to delete it and re-do it!). SO, KNOBS OR PULLS on the drawers?

We haven't installed anything yet on the cabinet doors, but I think I still want pulls on the door but would consider an interesting knob. Any thoughts or suggestions? btw, the cabinet door and drawers are Monarch style. The handles I chose soften all the square lines of the cabinets and sort of mimic the arches in the appliance handles. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-Elegant-Luxe-5-1-16-in-128mm-Satin-Nickel-Drawer-Pull-P36129C-SN-CP/300703015?MERCH=REC--SearchPLPHorizontal1_rr--NA--300703015--N

Comments (4)