SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cobragirl96_gw

Pics of partial overlay? Give up full overlay or raised panel?

cobragirl96
12 years ago

We are putting an addition on our house with a brand new kitchen area of rather large dimension (at the time I guess we didn't realize how big it was). We live in a gambrel colonial in a woodsy area, and our house while updated is still very casual countryish, not at all modern, contemporary. What we thought was a generous cabinet budget has quickly dwindled down due to the large volume of cabinets that we are ordering. We have a 22 foot run, a 16 foot run, a 8x4 island and an extra bar area, and all open to our family room. We met with the KD yesterday, who is working with KM cabinets and essentially she told me to stay within my budget I would have to give up full overlay AND a raised center panel. To go up to full overlay would be an extra 6K, and to get the raised panel would be an extra $1500 (which I would be willing to do). Just to give an idea, perimeter cabinets are canvas with cocoa glaze and island/bar and hood is praline wood. Perimeter has soapstone and islands have light granite with black accent. I have looked for pictures of partial overlay, because that seems like the pricier "extra" to get rid of but I can't find many pics. KD did point out that she will butt all doors up against each other, so the only thing exposed will be the frame (which to me kind of almost looks like inset cabinets, which is the current trend, but totally out of our budget?) I guess that my question is does anyone have partial overlay and do you like the look of them, or does it remind you of older kitchens? TIA!!

Comments (16)