SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

New bathroom in progress...

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Soon after moving in 6 months ago, our second floor bath started leaking into the first floor bath. What a delightful surprise! Long story short, we’re getting a new bathroom. It should be done within the next two weeks. Here are the elements in my eclectic old house bathroom.

The floor tile, and the wood sample in the center background is the vanity wood (dark brown oak matches the dark brown accent in tile).

Style of vanity, but it will be in dark brown oak.

This is the shower tile. Hard to tell here but the blue is the same as the blue in the floor tile.

Faucet. (Towel bar and robe hooks are also polished chrome.)

Counter top is this creamy quartz with brown veining.

Light fixtures in bronze finish.

This old rustic cabinet is more blue than it appears in this pic. It will store towels and sheets and other bathroom stuff, as we don’t have a linen closet.

I intentionally mixed the metal finishes and the shiny vs rustic elements, but now I’m looking for a couple finishing touches to bring it all together. I had an idea that I could put a plant in a container that featured a shiny silvery finish combined with bronze, if that makes sense — it could go on top of the cabinet (which is just 5’ tall). Haven’t found it yet. Also thought I might get a small bench/stool to put under the window — I had a vanity stool with chrome legs in my cart at Home Goods yesterday — the seat was white vinyl but I thought I could recover it with a vintagey fabric. I didnt end up getting it, tho. Other ideas?

I’ll be hanging three framed photos by DH (all birds) on one wall. There’s not much room to hang anything else on the walls.

Comments (39)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional