SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bchang33

Wall oven/speed oven combo: bosch 800 vs. GE Monogram vs. Wolf/Miele?

Bryna Chang
5 years ago

I am doing a full kitchen remodel and haven chosen a BlueStar platinum 48" rangetop. Now I'm looking for a wall oven/speed oven combo. The question is, should I go for the Bosch 800 combo oven/speed oven (serious concerns about reliability, speed oven functionality is not good, and don't know about how good the oven is) vs. GE Monogram oven with Advantium speed oven (I know the speed oven is good but does anyone know how good/reliable the oven is?) vs. giving up on matching and going with a Wolf M series oven plus either Advantium or Miele speed oven)?

-I must have a microwave (kids) and would like having more than one oven for special occasions. I'm hoping the speed oven will allow me to eliminate the toaster oven (which we currently use all the time for frozen food & cinnamon toast & reheating pastries) though from everything I have read I will probably still need a regular toaster.

-I bake a lot and precision in the oven is important. Size in the oven is also important.

-The speed oven functionality is appealing (fast roasted veggies!), though I've never owned one and don't know how I'll ultimately use it.

In my ideal world, I would have a Wolf M series oven with a matching speed oven over it, but since Wolf doesn't make speed ovens, I need something else. Given that oven and speed oven are over each other, I care that they look ok together, but they don't have to be the same brand if they go together well enough. For whatever reason, I don't love the Miele oven--it's a combination of several factors: 1) size--I really like the 5.1 cu feet of the Wolf, 2) functionality--for the price, I feel like the Wolf is a better oven, and 3) looks--given the BlueStar range, I was thinking a more industrial look would be better.

I originally was going to go for the Bosch 800 series wall oven/ speed oven combo because the cost savings is so compelling, but I'm reading nightmare stories about reliability and totally sub-par speed oven functionality. Plus I really want the 5 cu ft offered by GE Monogram or Wolf M series. If someone tells me the GE Monogram oven is significantly better than a Bosch 800 oven and not too much worse than a Wolf M series, I will probably get the GE Monogram oven/speed oven combo.

Thanks for your advice!

Comments (19)