SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matt_neitzel

Builder used different paint - CHEAP PAINT

Matt Neitzel
5 years ago

I recently closed on a new home construction. Everything looked pretty good for the most part. We've been there for a couple weeks now and there are smudges all over the walls. They're impossible to clean and when we try to clean it, it makes it worse. I went down in the basement, since they left a 5 gallon jug of the paint they used so we could do touch ups. The builder stated in the contract they would use Sherman Williams - Cashmere Finish. I look at the jug and it's Sherman Williams ProMar 400. I've been doing my research and find that the ProMar 400 line of paint is much cheaper and much less durable. They clearly used a cheaper paint to cut down on costs. If it says they're supposed to use Cashmere finish in the contract, should I fight this? I've emailed the builder this morning in hopes we can work something out. If that doesn't go well, do I have grounds to sue in small claims court? It has been an absolute nightmare dealing with this cheap paint. We move into a brand new home and the walls look awful! We wouldn't have known about this issue until after we closed.

Comments (71)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz