SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peyton_moran

Home Exterior Help

P M
5 years ago

Hello! We are building a custom home and I would like some assistance on working through a few exterior options.

Previous house plan thread if you are interested:

http://houzz.com/sr/m=7/u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ2FyZGVud2ViLmNvbS9kaXNjdXNzaW9ucy81NTU2ODU3L2FyZy1ob3VzZS1wbGFuLWZlZWRiYWNr

The area I would like some suggestions on are on the bonus area above the garage (right side of the home) in the image. The design of this bonus area is not decided yet, as it's something we will finish down the road. One thing about the drawing that I wanted to clarify is that the roof height is the same from the center all the way across the right end of the home (in the image, it shows as slightly lower on the right side). The "real" roofline is drawn in red. I would like suggestions on the dormer. I am not a huge fan of the shed style of dormers, and typically like the peaked type. I'm also open to eliminating the dormer (and windows) all together in that area, if needed to keep the simple farmhouse look. I'd love to hear suggestions, and for those of you who happen to have the skill, any quick sketches would be great too! Thanks!

Comments (13)