SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_wolfinger

Flooring help for bathroom/kitchen

Laura W
5 years ago

I have a full bath which needs a new vanity, toilet, mirror and light fixture. The other thing that needs to go is the ugly old linoleum floor. Should be easy enough to tile but here's the issue: the bathroom has the same floor as the adjoining hallway & kitchen. And this ugly linoleum abuts 5 floors that are all different! Ceramic wood tile in the mudroom (which I love), hardwood in the dining room, original (orange, ugh) hardwood in the living room, more hardwood in the tv room, and yet even more hardwood in the guest room. All the hardwood was either built or refinished at different times so there's no cohesion between them. It's a crazy amount of different floors! Because of that, I feel pretty strongly that the bathroom/hallway/kitchen should remain all the same floor like it is now, instead of adding yet another different floor into the mix. And if we're going to tackle the bathroom renovation, we should just do the whole entire floor as a first step (even though a full kitchen remodel is many years away). But I'm not sure which floor to choose that will look good abutting all these different tones/colors of wood. I think I should stay away from yet another different hardwood, but I feel completely stuck on color/tone/size/type/etc. (Refinishing all the hardwood to match, which is something I definitely want to do at some point, is out of the picture due to cost/logistics.) (I included pics of linoleum and 3 of the 5 floors that it abuts.)

Comments (9)