SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fininigin

Help with light fixtures for a small kitchen-Please!

fininigin
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I would love some help choosing light fixtures for my kitchen, as you can see from the photos we haven't quite moved in yet. I was planning on swapping out the light fixtures at a later date but we have just had our house rewired and the electrician said that our current light fixture will keep burning out and needs to be replaced anyway...so now I'm shopping for lights and realising 1.that I've never thought much about lights and know nothing about them and 2. how expensive they can be!

The original fixtures in the kitchen the kitchens one large "boob" style and a kind of 90's style white double spotlight above the sink.

The kitchen is 14'5" x 11'5" with 8' high ceilings and is also our eating space the house was built in the 1940's. It is not the style of kitchen I would choose but it is fine for now. Just for reference the style of kitchen I love is a kind of farmhouse or vintage look white cupboards and butcher Block counters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated I would like it to look nice but I also need to make sure it is bright enough. Thanks for your help

Comments (5)