SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_leclaire

Help with lighting plan for small kitchen, please

Ann
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

If you can offer a lighting plan/ideas for this small kitchen, I'll be very grateful. I'm (very slowly) losing central vision on top of the usual loss with aging, so I'd rather err on the side of more light than less.

Cans over counters as both general and task lighting? Placement? I'm thinking a light over each sink from a closed soffit above. I read on Houzz that it's a good idea to have a light on each side of the stove in addition to the exhaust light when possible. Where should others be? Must lights be at cabinet centers? Must they "match" the opposite wall? No light needed at fridge? Should a central light be added for more general lighting on floor and lower cabinets or would the cans be enough?

Or... cans for general lighting, combined with UC task lighting? Two rows of three cans, 3’ oc and 6’ oc from the back (sink) wall, 3' out from side walls? Middle two on a separate switch from the outer four? Floodlights? Too much for K size? UC lighting sufficient for task lighting (someone on Houzz wrote they are only good for accent lighting)?

Mini pendants over eating counter - 2 or 3?

Thank you, with all best wishes for 2018, Ann

Comments (6)