SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kazmom1

Help with light plan for kitchen please!

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We are about to start a kitchen remodel. Attached is my plan showing what the architect put for lighting. Based on my reading on the kitchen forum I think there are several issues 1) lights too far from the wall 2)maybe need cans as well as pendants above island? I could use some help determining what the best lighting plan is before we start construction (how many, what kind and where placed). I am debating can vs scone over the sink.

Ceilings are 8’ at the front and back walls and will vault to 11’ in the middle, about where the dotted line is. The kitchen ceiling is currently 8’ and is being remade to meet the vault in the other rooms, so it will be open to put new lighting in The living room ceiling is staying intact and the can lights are being added The GC talked a little about remodel cans vs new construction and possible issues with how they face but that was a while ago and I need to revisit that with him. I assume the only issue is the living room since the kitchen ceiling is being totally opened.

thanks!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert