SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberly_jablon

Help! Kitchen Lighting Placement/Plan/Recessed Lighting Advice

Kimberly J
6 years ago

My kitchen designer placed the recessed lighting in the middle of walkways spaced out evenly, but I was reading in order not to have shadows and for more practical placement, I should center recessed lights at the counter edge. I drew new placements for cans in pencil that are all 48 inches apart (more or less) with more of a functional layout (centered at sink, closer to pantries ect. What plan do you think is better? Is it a good distance to place lights about 18 inches away from pantry walls or refrigerators? There are no uppers in my kitchen except for those labeled (wall with sink and range has a hood and windows only, and there will be open shelves on wall to left of sink next to peninsula). Any other suggestions? I'm not a designer so would love any advice! There are also 2 pendants over island, a light over window seat kitchen table, and sconces centered over the sink and in between the two uppers on the hutch-like wall (in current plan, wine rack in between two glass cabinets is removed, cabinets extend down to sit on counter, and wall in between them is plain for artwork ect.)

Also which kinds of lights do people like? I was thinking of 4 inch LEDs.

Comments (3)