SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

Old school phone jack problem

CJ Mac
5 years ago

Having rearranged our master bedroom, there is now no room on our nightstand for the Vtech cordless phone and base (this is the main base: the smaller bases won't work if this larger main one isn't plugged in both to an electrical outlet AND a phone jack).

I have searched around the house and can't find any available phone jacks. The one in the living room is used for our phone/cable modem. There's one in our guest bedroom, but we never go in there.

The one available in the kitchen is an old-school jack meant for a mounted slimline phone as pictured below. I had to buy that phone just to hide it.

Phone problem · More Info

So yesterday, because I couldn't find any other place to put it, I put the Vtech phone and base there and this is how lovely it looks:

Phone problem · More Info

Does anyone have any idea what we can do about this? I don't even know what to say if I call the phone/cable company. Don't know what language to use to explain. I'd like this ugly kitchen one to go away or be moved down nearer the floor.

We only use our smartphones when we go out, so switching to cell phone only isn't really what we want to do.

Thanks!

Comments (31)