SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marko_puskac

Kitchen area repaint/restain/remodel thoughts

Marko
5 years ago

So i know its not the best photo I will try to upload a better one that includes cabinets.

Basically, we painted our walls/ceilings (greyish color walls white ceiling) from a dark brown which helped ALOT. We have a dark-ish brown wood floor (not very "redish" in color).

Our problem in the kitchen is the columns and cabinets are a nice stain grade wood (same color as the Column in the photo) but the wood is stained a light to medium cherry color, more orange than red I suppose, you can tell in the photo a bit. Our countertops are black granite with some pinkish flecks of color in there (not my favorite but its what we have).

So my question - what would your recommend for the kitchen cabinets and columns that are currently stained? We have thought about painting the cabinets white, or something whitewash like, but we really dont know. We will change the tile floors as well in the kitchen, likely to different (not brown) tile that looks like wood planks...not sure on exactly what that would look like either.

Any suggestions or tips would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

marko

Comments (18)