SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Cooking a *Little* Turkey Breast on Top of Stuffing?

plllog
5 years ago

I'm making petite Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing fancy. Just for those who can't get to the Thanksgiving cousin's house. I know how to cook a turkey breast, but I got this chiquitito one. It's a bone-in double (whole) breast that weighs five pounds. I've never had to worry about the temperature of the stuffing before, because I'm used to BIG and it all gets good and hot after hours and hours. I could do them separately, but I thought it would be nice to do the turkey breast on the stuffing. Which I've only done before with like a 12 lb. breast!

I'm guessing that the stuffing should be 180 degrees F? Where do you take the temperature?

Does the small breast want a hotter faster oven? I usually do a big turkey at 300-325 F. I don't want to dry out my piece of a birdlet.

I could just quit worrying and go sous vide. I think it'll fit in a vacuum bag without having to cut it.

It's trying to rain and I can't think things through with the low pressure making me sleepy, so I thought I'd ask you all! Thanks for your help!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County