SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muskokascp

Kitchen Designer plan critique please

muskokascp
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our lower base cabinet plan is complete and installed and for that I extend my thanks to several members who assisted in narrowing down options for the floorplan. This is for a cottage that was a complete gut in the lower walkout where the kitchen and main living areas are. I hosted a family event there this fall and had to get some semblance of a kitchen installed so we opted for the base cabinets and left the upper plans for later. Now it's later and I want to have a complete kitchen soon!

The base cabinets are mostly installed with the blind corners and peninsula still needing final attachments. Love my fancy drawers pulls and sexy plywood counter lol? Those familiar with Ikea will recognize the base cabinets but for the uppers I am using a local manufacturer to give me more flexability with size and to add some individual style.

This is the first concept drawing I received from the KD, and for the most part I really like it. There is one wall left completly bare which maintains a more open feel to the space, but is there an easy way to add cabinets or shelves without cramping the other walls? Problems with a full u-shaped kitchen I guess. There is electrical roughed in for under cabinet lights but I don't think it's a problem if they aren't used..

The pictures are how the kitchen currently looks. There will be an 18" DW between the sink and fridge, but right now without the DW, the fridge is pushed up next to the sink cabinet.

Thoughts, feelings, comments on the KD's proposal?

Comment