SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
williamsem

Need a washer and dryer this month (sales!), advice please!

williamsem
5 years ago

Hoping to get a new washer and dryer this month with all the sales. My current TL marchine sounds like a jet engine, but is otherwise ok. It’s a undetermined model Kenmore that came with the house, at least several years old.

I looked at the Maytag and GE models mentioned on some other threads recently, but I’m concerned the Maytag might be a bit too small and the GE might be too big (3.5 and 4.9 cf). Any recommendations in between? It’s just me for at least the foreseeable future, so it needs to be able to handle some smaller loads when needed. Bonus if it can fit a queen comforter, but I think that would probably mean it was a bit large for my everyday needs.

I'm leaning toward a TL, mostly because I’m more familiar with them, but I don’t know much about the new agitator-less models. It will be installed on the second floor, so I’m hesitant to go for a FL.

I'm happy to be convinced the GE or Maytag would be the best option for my needs If thats the case, also open to being convinced a different path is better. I’ve hit research overload at this point, i need some outside input!

Comments (39)