SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeff_meeks

Pink bathroom to white bathroom

Jeff Meeks
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Here are a few pictures of a renovation I did to a bathroom in a rental apartment that I own. It had an amazing 1950s pink suite with various shades of pink wall tile where some had been replaced over the years. There were leaks around the bath and the toilet and rot around the wooden window frame above the bath. I would have liked to save it, particularly the pink mosaic floor, but there were lots of issues behind the walls that needed addressing and my love of pink isn't the best for a rental apartment.

The starting point

The frightening demo stage

New cast iron tub, first coat of Hydroban and Nobleseal TS on the floor. My contractor wanted to replace the window with a smaller one higher on the wall to avoid any chance of leaks, but I wanted the natural light and so particular attention was given to waterproofing there. Then the window was trimmed out with cultured marble and the window and trim well caulked.

Here's the end result. It's not very imaginative, but that's generally best in a rental, and the style goes well with the house which was built in 1920. By the way the window is vinyl with privacy glass.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!