SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_44979087

Landscape suggestion for houston area - dead grass

HU-44979087
5 years ago

Hi, we live in a new construction neighborhood in the Houston area so the sod and landscaping is <6 months old. When it rains (which it does a lot), the water drains away from our foundation along the side fence and towards the street out front, which is overall a good thing. However especially on one side the water pools along the fence and has created a muddy mess/barren wasteland that has killed the grass. It’s the side that we access the backyard from so I would like to have soemthing other than mud to walk on but not plants that will grow too tall/or can be mowed. im nervous if I put extra soil/sand along the fence to elevate and fix the poor drainage it would mean water closer to the foundation which I don’t want.

Im hoping for suggestions for ground cover plants I can grow there that will tolerate standing water or soggy ground? There are already some weeds growing in but still patchy, maybe just throw some Texas wildflower seeds? Would that work? any plants that will also tolerate a lawn mower and bounce back like grass does?

Comment (1)