SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianna119

Grass is dead, dead, and dying

dianna119
17 years ago

Well, not used to the western grasses in CA as we are from the east coast. Moved into a two acre homesite with an acre of grass in the front yard. The chemist who lived there said he never put anything on the grass before as he always mulched the cuttings back in. Well, we move in and I let my husband do the fertilizing, first mistake, as I've always done the yard. But he wanted to try out the new riding tractor and the pull behind dispenser. Anyway, the grass continues to dying every week, Its been about 2 mos now and its not coming back. We water every night and sometimes I put the sprinkler on in early morning (no humidity here). All I can figure is we must have burned it. It did not turn yellow before dying, just started drying up and then dying,

The sellers told us it was "pen blue" never heard of it. Kinda looks like a fescue type.

Its only may and the hot months here are July, Aug, Sept.

Do I just keep watering dead grass? Too late to overseed. Should I aerate to get more water down to the roots? Help, advice, anything, we really messed up.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting