SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sydney_rasmussen

Bruce flooring? White oak? Resale? Benjamin Moore Simply White?

I saw somewhere online a description of Bruce flooring as the Macdonald’s of hardwood floors (being widely accessible but not as much selection). We’re moving into a new house in about 5.5 weeks. We want to put in new hardwood flooring. I think I want solid wood, wide planks, prefinished oak. I’m waffling with color. I lean towards the White/Grey trend but don’t want anything too trendy considering potential re-sell (do live in southwest). I don’t want yellow. I don’t want red. And I don’t want very dark as I’m trying to lighten space. I like the whole fresh/bright look. The walls will be Benjamin Moore Simply White. I’m hoping to add a lot of color/texture with artwork furniture. I may want to keep some warmth in floors so also considering Browns/tans in addition to white/grey (just no red, yellow or anything too dark). I like the scraped/distressed look but isn’t a must. Because of the time factor I’m thinking about trying Bruce flooring. Anybody else used Bruce? Have suggestions for Bruce product or other product delivered in time? Color suggestions to compliment Benjamin Moore simply white paint? I feel like this. Is exciting but so stressful...like picking a pair of pants to wear for the next 7 years that will need to coordinate with all too selections HELP! Any and all comments welcome on any point brought up here or not!

Comments (8)