SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yousra_khan

Cloud White Benjamin Moore - Northern Exposure

K Y
2 years ago

Hi! I could really use some guidance on what to do about my paint color. After countless off white samples from Benjamin Moore (White Dove, Simply White, Chantilly Lace, Navajo White, Mascarpone, Cloud White, etc) I finally landed on buying a few gallons of Cloud White to paint the main living room floors. I have a primary northern exposure in this part of the house with some East exposure in the early am hours (8-10 am). My gut is telling me this is not the right color because it’s reflecting a lot of yellow (like highlighter yellow) but I’m worried after buying so much paint, I wasted my money.

My inspiration is to lean into the northern passive light and give the house a brighter airy feel in the daytime with natural lighting and a cozy, vintagey/antiquey feel in the evening with artificial lighting.

There is some greenery and a natural wood fence that is shared by the neighbors that’s potentially reflecting into the house. The other consideration is there may be a slight tint to the windows from an argon gas window that’s about 12 years old.

Here are some photos of a 1.5 coat application.

Comments (28)