SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natasha1122

Question regarding Benjamin Moore whites

12 years ago

Hi! I live on the first floor of a suburban 1929 Tudor, so my blinds are drawn most of the time. So the place isn't dark, but I wouldn't call it "bright." I have nine-foot high ceilings, the floors are medium-dark wood, and my style can best be described as "eclectic" (contemporary mixed with Spanish Revival--lots of inlays). I wanted an all-white apartment, so on the advice of an interior designer friend of mine, I painted all the rooms BM matte Simply White (with BM semigloss Super White trim and BM flat White ceilings, where applicable). The living room has a cave ceiling, so the ceiling and walls have to be all one color.

Anyway, have lived with this for a month, though at times it strikes me as too "white." (The place is still in a bit of a shambles--that's why I have no pics.) Recently I've come across all the gorgeous Daryll Carter (and Daryll Carter-inspired) BM Moonlight White walls/Simply White trim rooms on the Web, and now I'm kicking myself, wondering if I should have gone that route.

I also see a lot of rooms with Cloud White walls, a color similar to Simply White, but again, not as bright.

If it means anything, I should add that I have an archway between my living room and library. So except for the bedroom, which can be closed off, my entire apartment is open.

Do you have an opinion regarding these color schemes? Is one "better" than the other for me? Should I repaint?

Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company