SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ktgirl10

Which Benjamin Moore white for my cabinets?

ktgirl10
13 years ago

I know this question has probably been posted many times before, but I am having such a hard time deciding what color white to paint our oak cabinets.

Our painter is asking me what color to buy and I actually have the whole fan deck on loan from the local Benjamin Moore store. As soon as I think I see one I like, I second guess that it will look too gray, too blue, too yellow...

I don't know whether I am looking for a "warm" white or a "cool" white. I definitely want a brighter white, not too creamy as I like a clean and modern style. But I am also afraid a bright white on all of the cabinets will be too stark. I painted all of the trim in the house white already - it was Behr's bright white, straight from the can with no tint.

Am I supposed to color-match the paint I used for our trim so that the cabinets will be the same or just pick a color from the deck? We have black granite counters, a medium wood-colored floor and white subway tile.

Any advice and pictures of different BM whites people have used on their cabinets would be much appreciated!

Comments (15)