SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtvhike

Verizon Network extender failure

mtvhike
5 years ago

The cellular signal from Verizon at my home has always been very weak, so several years ago I purchased a network extender from the Verizon store (for $250). I later found out that a friend of mine, with a similar situation, got one for free, she told me that that they gave it to her because their cellular coverage was weak at her home. When mine failed, I went back to the store and tried to get another one, this time for free. They told me "there's no way my friend could have gotten one for free", and that it would cost $350 now. That was a few weeks ago. While researching for this post, I went on line and found out that the Samsung network extender from Verizon is no longer available. There is a lot of discussion on the Verizon web site about cellular boosters, but that's not the same thing. Any suggestions on how to get some device, preferably without paying $350?

On a related issue, it doesn't seem that this type of question belongs on the Computer board, but there doesn't seem to be another, more appropriate one from Houzz, except for Electronics, where I also posted this.

Comments (20)