SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Peach cobbler, gluten free version

annie1992
5 years ago

Dad planted a couple of peach trees about 15 years ago. We've gotten a couple of peaches here and there, but nothing significant. Elery was talking about cutting the trees down as they are close to an outbuilding.

This year those trees went crazy. There were so many peaches that limbs broke from the weight. Because we hadn't pruned the trees or sprayed them, thinking there would never be peaches, they were far too tall to pick or spray anyway. With the help of a tall ladder and a fruit picker with a telescoping handle we managed to pick about 3 bushels of peaches. I don't know which variety they are, but they are definitely cling type and they are the latest season peaches I've ever seen, having just ripened.

So, I canned. And canned. And canned. 36 pints of peach slices, 35 pints of peach salsa, 6 pints of super hot peach salsa made with Carolina Reaper peppers and 11 pints of peach/pineapple salsa and I was tired of canned peaches. I decided to make a pie, because Mother is coming over tomorrow. Amanda was wistfully remembering peach cobbler, so I made one with gluten free biscuit topping, adding a couple of tablespoons of sugar to the dough to make a sweeter topping. She's a happy girl, I took it to her house and left it there, and only had one bite to "test" it. (grin)

Meanwhile, here at home I still have about a dozen fresh peaches for Elery to eat as snacks. I'm not a fan and cannot eat them without peeling them, because I cannot stand that fuzz on the peels, but it doesn't bother Elery at all.

I never thought I'd have enough peaches to be tired of them, but I am, and was happy to see the end of them!

Annie

Comments (8)