SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_158976119

Excessive lint and dust

HU-158976119
5 years ago

Hello everyone,
I'm a desperate woman suffering from excessive lint/dust with my laundry as the title suggest and here is the story hoping i'd get some help.
I've basically been doing laundry all my life since early teenage years, it was my responsibility so one could say i know how to do laundry. When my boyfriend and i moved in together, we had a complete empty flat "a brand new one, we were the first tenants". The first hing we've purchased were the essentials, fridge, an LG washing machine, and a bed. this is when the nightmare started, i would see (purplish color) lint on the corners of the floor. Initially i thought this was from the central Air condition and our apartment turned into a construction site. 3 months later the landlord finally agreed to move us to another apartment. The problem stayed. Black clothes will come out the washing machine with white lint on them, and white ones with the purplish lint on them. We changed our brand new bed thinking it was the reason since the body was made of velvet and got a wooden one. problem was still rocking on. Finally decided it could be the washing machine itself. Returned the LG and purchased a brand new Siemens washing machine. (keep in mind i do not have a dryer, i line dry the clothes like ive done all my life) And yes, the problem stayed.. i thought okay, this could be from the water so i purchased a water filter for the washing machine which obviously led to no change. a year later when our contract was over i was happy we were moving to another apartment, one with balcony so i could line my clothes outside and things get better. Another year later and i am still suffering from this problem, my clothes are looking very dull, very rough and extremely worn out. i've tried all kinds of detergents, all kinds of softeners, vinegar and what not. Has anyone experienced this? or heard of someone who went through this? any kind of help is appreciated please.
I've tried looking online and found only one post on a whirlpool website with a woman suffering from the same, but she stopped replying so i don't know what was the solution or if its even solved. couldn't even create a name to contact her and ask her.
Please help me
Lily

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH