SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalieconforti

Dryer lint screen not catching lint

natalieconforti
14 years ago

Back in July, I purchased a new washer and dryer. they are samsung front loaders. All the reviews have been great. I even have a friend that owns the same set and LOVES it. I also loved it until about 2 months later, the drying time was slowing up. I know that we have the worst venting condition known to man kind. the laundry room is in the center of the house and vents to the roof. the piece connecting the dryer to the ceiling is flexible and the piece from the ceiling to the roof is rigid with (2) 90 degree turns. I think that the turns are so the rigid pipe doesn't fall thru the hole in the ceiling because it is about a 12" piece between the bends. The dryer seems to be fine with getting the air and lint all the way to the roof because that is where I found my clog! Our dryer roof vent is not an easy one to clean! just ask my hands!!! I realize that some lint is going to escape the dryer lint screen but should all of it escape? I clean the screen with every load and there is only a little bit of lint covering the corner of the screen. Not even the whole screen just a corner of it. I have recently detached the ceiling pipe and put panty hose over it to see just how much is escaping. It filled the entire foot of the panty hose in about 2 weeks!!!! That seems very excessive. The lint tray has been replaced with a new one and it doesn't seem to any better luck trapping the lint. Is there a good reason why 90% of the lint is by-passing the tray other than I have a defective dryer (my friend does not have this situation at all with her dryer)? Is there something that I can do to help this situation because I don't want to climb up on my roof every 2 months and clean out the roof vent.

Comments (4)