SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

Specifically what is a 'white'. Changing up my laundry game.

User
5 years ago

Hello!

I've been using All Free & Clear for years now. Recently started using the All F&C with Oxi. When I use them it goes on everything. I use Shout as a stain treatment if needed and grease I use Lestoil and wash. At times I'll add Oxi Clean in with all whites. I'm not consistent with this and my whites aren't brilliant white. I have a GE Profile washer (top load) and dryer. I'll eventually upgrade to probably a Speed Queen.

Our skin isn't sensitive but I don't know if I can handle perfume smells on clothing. Not if it stays with you all day and is lingering. I've been doing some reading on here about Persil and Tide. The Persil has me a little concerned because of the vomit smell I've read about and realized I have noticed that before on people. However, it sounds like it's superior in washing abilities.

What actually goes in a 'white' load? I usually throw items that are mostly white (they may have logos on the front) and gray items together. Can you use a whitener on them? I'm getting ready to redo my master bathroom and I'd like to buy a white shower curtain with navy trim from Restoration Hardware. How would you wash this? It's labeled 100% cotton percale. I've always been afraid if it had any color on it and you were trying to whiten it would bleed or mess with the color.

Here's the shower curtain, stripe will be navy.

Any laundry guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations