SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattybee_gw

Having odd problem with basil plants.

I have seen this symptom on some of my outdoor potted basil plants—where new leaves should be sprouting, instead there is something that looks like a green but shriveled or tightly balled-up leaf. Before I got a chance to ask here about it, the basil downy mildew became a more serious problem. When I posted about that, u/wormsplitter mentioned that he was now growing basil indoors with an AeroGarden, which I thought would be the perfect workaround , so I had my husband gift one to me as my birthday present.

It arrived and I was thrilled with how quickly the plants sprouted and grew. However, all of a sudden the healthy leaves stopped appearing and instead were these same green shriveled or tightly balled-up leaves. What's worse is that there are the tiniest of bugs on those "leaves," which fortunately I can take out of the planter and rinse them off under the faucet (how do pests like that get in the house?). I can find nothing online that talks about this symptom, and tho' I've contacted the AeroGarden manufacturer about it, I don't have much hope of getting a speedy reply. Anyone experienced this, or knows what causes it?

Comments (5)