SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ana_kinra

Design ideas for daughter’s/guest bedroom

Ana Kinra
5 years ago

We are slowly adding to the second bedroom in our 2 bedroom Manhattan condo which we currently use as a guest bedroom and will eventually become our daughter’s room. We would like this room to appeal to both adult guests as well as kids and be able to use it as a home office until our daughter takes it over. This is my first attempt at interior design and I’d welcome any feedback on how we can maximize this small space.

Ideally I would like to put a single-size guest bed and the crib in here as well as a work desk. When the crib arrives we will put the full-size platform bed in storage. I tried out a modular pop-up work desk from Pottery Barn but it was a hassle to use and the look was off so I returned it. Given the size limitations of the room (11'8" x 10'3"), I think I may put the dresser in the closet to create enough room for a work desk and move or get rid of both the mobile laptop desk and the c-table in the corner. With a single-size guest bed replacing the full-size platform bed, I hope it will all work.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County