SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

The washlet, one woman's story . . .

grannysmith18
5 years ago

I've been a huge fan fan of the washlet ever since we had one installed about a half year ago. I barely knew they existed (except in a joke-y way) until I used the bathroom at a friend's house, and then decided to get one in our upcoming renovation. It's great. I love it.

Then 3 weeks ago I tripped and broke my shoulder in one of those accidents that could happen to anyone.

I simply can't imagine how I would have managed without the washlet. What started as a lovely luxury turned out to be an absolute necessity.

I couldn't move my arm AT ALL for the first week or so, and then just gingerly a little bit more each day since then. I'd rather not get into the personal details, but suffice it to say that despite my injury, the rest of the body keeps working, needing to eat and digest food, and, of course, going to the bathroom. Reaching around behind me to "clean up" is out of the question. I assume you're getting the picture.

I would have needed help "taking care of business" every day. My husband's been absolutely great about everything, but it has meant the world to me not to put him through this on top of everything else he's done for me.

If anyone has any doubts about installing one of these, don't think twice.

Additionally, another feature of the new bathroom that's been wonderful is the hand held shower on a sliding bar. By sliding it down to its lowest point I can leave it in the bracket and have a shower that that starts at around my neck without getting my hair wet. Washing or drying my hair is out of the questions. I'm also able to use the shower out of the bracket in my good hand. Until this little accident I had started thinking that we never really use the handheld or the sliding bar, and maybe I shouldn't have bothered, Boy was I wrong.

Comments (3)