SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catfishhoward

aerobic septic system drip irrigation

catfishhoward
5 years ago

I have a aerobic septic system drip irrigation (1500 gal septic tank + 600 gal aerobic tank + 1000 gal pump tank + purple emitter lines) with only 1 little spin filter.

I recently noticed that the top scum layer had disappear in my septic and it just looked like black water and also the return line into my septic tank when the pump is running is at only 3rd the flow, I had all 3 tanked pumped out and the pump box was filled with scum so I'm worried the scum or something worst has clogged the line since I don't have a filter on it (older system) and also the baffle was missing on the out side it just had a tee.

I recently started making wine and have been pouring yeast and stabilizer cleaner down the drain could this had screwed up the system? And how would I figure out if the pump is not working at 100% or if I might have something clogged in the line slowing the flow but I figure if that was the case I would have a blow out somewhere or maybe I need to get fresh water in the pump tank and see if the back pressure has increased coming out of the pump?

Comments (2)