SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Food pics from wedding

l pinkmountain
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The food consisted of coffee, tea, iced tea and lemonade for beverages, and then hummus cucumber shooters, cream cheese veggie sliced rolled wraps, spinach quiche, croissants with chicken salad, and crab salad stuff won tons for the savories, and then carrot cake muffins, cheesecake bites and grandma's molasses cookies made by my cousin for the sweets. The savories were a little soggy and ho hum in my book, but good enough is good enough. I loved all the desserts, which is good because I had a lot left!

Later we had a picnic at the beach with outstanding pulled pork sandwiches with home made barbecue sauce, pretty good potato salad and baked beans, watermelon, leftovers from the tea, and WAY too many crudites with a good dip. Plus assorted soda and left over coffee. Don't really have photos of that spread, but we had a ton left over since quite a few guests petered out and also didn't show. Sun came out at the end and a gorgeous sunset. My new husband and I took a "refreshing" dip in Lake Michigan to christen our marriage. Just a photo of the park pavilion. Hope you'll understand that I'm trying to keep most personal photos private.

Photo of me thanking guests and relatives who had passed on, gives a sense of the teapot-themed table centerpieces. Also pretty good view of my wedding dress, hair, and flowers. After all was said and done, I borrowed a small fake flower/feather hair bob from my cousin. She made it for another wedding she attended.

My mom's teacup is to the left of the cake stand, kinda hidden, and the red and white teapot was given to me by one of my best friends who died suddenly in 2011 from a brain hemorrhage. Flowers with yellow bow are a tacky plastic arrangement that seemed to follow my mother around everywhere, from house to office desks, etc.

Found a non-blurry picture of me with Annie. I'm eating so it is kind of food related . . .

Picnic shelter at park on Lake Michigan.

Comments (13)