SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dave_tyler32

Loud Bang in House

Dave Tyler
5 years ago

Ok I have a strange one for you. I live in N.Central Florida and we moved into a new house(new to us built in 1984). About 2 weeks ago we started hearing loud bangs...I mean like someone is dropping a book bag on our roof from 30 feet loud! I thought it could be an animal in the attic so I called a trapper/pest control guy and he sealed up some opening and thought that squirrels might be occasionally in there but overall he found no evidence of animals. This only happens during the day (thankfully lol). I searched online and a lot of folks talk about it in Winter...I am in Florida and it is Summer. 93 degrees during the day and like 74 at night. I have a large Magnolia tree next to the house and I thought maybe it is those big pods they drop because they can be a like baseball but I have not found any evidence when running out to look right after the noise. Also apparently in the past before we owned the house there must have been a leak because they re-piped it with the pipes (pvc) going through the attic. I have thought this could be it but it is not happening after/during flushing or dishwasher or clothes washing or anything like that. I would find it hard to believe they could make THAT loud of a noise. I had a house that you would hear the hot water heater do it's thing. I am really confused and would love to hear ideas....and no we don't have ghosts! LOL Thansk for your help.

Comments (22)