SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftymeca

bang bang bang

craftymeca
15 years ago

Thats me banging my head against the wall!We are doing some cosmetic changes in our powder room just to change things up . We picked out the new light fixture and new knobs for vanity etc and hubby started to paint the room. When we took down the light fixture ( which was one of those bar lites on a strip) we found the stud was not centered over the mirror.Ergo our light fixture will be off centre by two inches, unless we start ripping out the walls and we are not going to do this, as it was just supposed to be a little paint job.We worked on this with an interior designer who actually picked out the new fixture, and she spoke with an electrician to see if there was any way to correct this without tearing out walls to no avail. We are not prepared to do a massive reno just for the sake of a paint job and new light fixture.We are also going to put a framework around the mirror but I dont think it will help the centering problem. We cant go forward with the frame until the style of the fixture is determined which we thought was resolved.

So hubby is going to put up the fixture to see just how it looks without wiring it up, and then we will get back to her. She mentioned that we would be surprised how many times this happens,but that does not make me feel better.Meanwhile she will look for alternatives but we may have to go back to a bar type fixture because of this and there are not many oiled bronze fixtures in this style. If I could I would string up the framer and hang him up by his you know what.How dumb can you be or rather how lazy when you now that a light has to go in the centre of the mirror.Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!