SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_335429005

loud bang then leak after turning on main water

Jay
2 years ago

Hello new to this forum but what brought me here is I had question about something that happened recently. There was a small leak in the front lawn and so I shut the main water off and called a company to come out and take a look they fixed the leak then turned the main water back on. They opened a faucet and watched it for a while and said everythings all good and left. I went upstairs to use the bathroom then after I flushed there was a loud bang and I'm sure the wall and toilet shook a little and then the toilet starting leaking on the right side where the tank attaches to the base and bowl. I shut the water off to the toilet cleaned everything up. Turned the water to the toilet back on and everything is fine no leak or nothing. My concern is what was that loud bang that shook the wall and toilet and why did my toilet leak but now it does not? And could that bang and leak cause any damage that I should have someone inspect or check it out? I was reading around on google and saw that after turning the main water back on you're supposed to open all the faucets one at a time until all pressure is out. They did not do that so could that have caused the loud bang and leak after I flushed the toilet?

Comment