SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

upstairs laundry room- washing machine considerations

salonva
5 years ago

So now we have moved, and there is a laundry room (behind louvered doors in the hallway so I guess maybe better termed a closet?) . The washing machine is a Whilrpool which is about 20 plus years old (original to the house) as is the electric dryer.

The washer works decently, the dryer is quite problematic and is either going to get fixed tomorrow or tossed.

We recognized when we bought, that the appliances are not long for the world and planned to replace anyway.

I have never had a laundry room on the 2nd level, always had them off the kitchen.

I thought I recalled reading (But thanks to houzz user unfriendliness ) about different models or adaptors to be done for 2nd floor laundry rooms. I cannot find anything really on it.

So if anyone has any pointers as I start to look again for washing machines.

Also - we thought about replacing electric dryer with gas dryer but it does seem so far, that the cost of running the gas line upstairs will be more than what makes sense. We only got one estimate so far (have had several people come by but getting the estimate is another process apparently)----so we shall see.

At this point, looking to replace both washer and dryer (probably keeping it electric though)

Comments (15)