SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_47918438

New idea for brick ranch exterior with garage addition

Heidi M
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm back after considering previous ideas and doing more research. The first pic below is our 1978 ranch "as is" today. We plan to add a third bay to the garage, recessed two feet. City code also requires this setback. Extending the driveway at the top is also necessary for our needs, and we prefer to not paint the brick. The second pic shows my amateur mock-up "post addition" of what I would like to keep brick and what I would like to side with something else (denoted in striped gray). My goal is to introduce some balance once the third bay is added and to perk up the existing brick. I removed the shutters and front bushes as suggested in a previous post, which helps immensely. So here are my questions: (1) does this help to create balance or is there something better I might try? (2) if it does work or some variation thereof, what would you recommend for siding (material and color) in place of the striped gray as well as garage door colors? I understand that landscaping and decor can make a huge difference but for now I want to focus on the house siding, as that project is coming up quickly. I greatly appreciate any insights and experiences.

Comments (20)