SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peacehope68

Help with Kitchen and Butler Pantry floor plan

peacehope68
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our first thought with this plan is that we want to keep all of the dirty dishes and clean up in the working butler pantry so our island could stay nice and clean. If we are entertaining, we could pile the dirty dishes up in there and close the pocket door and deal with them after the guests are gone, etc. We also thought it would keep the noise down if one of us is doing dishes or the dishwasher is running while the other is trying to watch tv, read, etc. I still like that concept, but I'm not happy with a corner sink and dishwasher location. Our architect had originally placed the sink and dishwasher on the longest wall of the pantry, but we thought that would be too awkward having to walk with dishes way back there so that's why it got moved to the corner. Now I'm not sure what to do. Would love some ideas and thoughts on this concept. Also, I would like to note that there will be another pocket door on the end of the pantry by the family foyer that is not shown right now. Thank you in advance!

Comments (43)