SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nopinkybeige

What paint for this hallway and its many doors?

nopinkybeige
5 years ago

My home is in the Southwest and is adobe style. The hall to my bedrooms in this house is dark, the ceiling is low and it has five ugly doors. It is 3 feet wide, 7 feet tall and 17 feet long, and BORING!

If I had endless cash and energy I would remove all the white trim, and the lifeless hollow core doors replacing them with knotty pine.

Since I don't have endless cash or energy, I'm taking down the worthless wall sconce and putting up 3 LED can/pocket lights (4 inch).

I'm also planning on putting up a faux beam to the entrance of the hall and perhaps down the right side to bring a little more rustic look to the hall. I have a plan for the the closet (end of the hall), to bring the eye to something more interesting.

I like my mustard rugs. They look good with both the wood flooring and the adjacent brick floors.

Attaching photos of the hall and some paint colors I am considering. I really hate the stark

white trim and boards, and with so many door in that little hall, I am trying to figure out how to make them fade, rather than announce themselves. Looking for advice on what color to paint the walls, the doors and the trim.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!