SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david_scirto

First House! Open Living Room/Foyer/Nook Area Suggestions?

David Scirto
5 years ago

Hello everyone! First time posting, so please be gentle.

I just bought a duplex and the lower unit has a fairly large, open area when walking into it. The space is basically an entryway/foyer, living room, and nook area. The exciting thing is that I'm starting from scratch and have a lot of space to work with (no exact dimensions yet).

The difficulty that I'm having is how to utilize the three spaces within the single large space. Here are some reference photos:

I think I'll be able to separate the entryway and "living room" portion of the space fairly easy and can toy with some ideas. Where I'm struggling the most is how to utilize that large "nook" space. Size-wise, it's less of a nook and it's more of a smaller enclosed patio/sunroom.

The actual living room portion will likely have a TV/console furniture against the wall not pictured, which means I'll probably have some seating (sofa) "floating" and facing it. Other than that, it's kind of a blank slate and I am totally open to suggestions!

If there is any other information that would help you help me out, let me know and I will happily provide! Thanks in advance, everyone.

Comments (7)